$ 1.65M is the amount awarded by the Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR) to three researchers at the Centre de recherche de l’Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital. Their projects in the field of immunology-oncology and vision health stood out among other projects submitted across the country and thus obtained this prestigious funding. CIHR is an agency of the Government of Canada responsible for investing in health research by promoting excellence in the four themes of health research: biomedical research; clinical research; health systems and services; and the health of populations.
Congratulations to our researchers for obtaining CIHR funding:
- Researcher : Dr El Bachir Affar, Ph. D.
- Project : Novel regulatory mechanisms of the mammalian nuclear proteasome through liquid-liquid phase separation
- Funding granted: $950 000
- This study will be conducted in collaboration with Dr Laura Huela, Ph. D., Dr Bruno Larrivée, Ph. D., and Dr Mikhail Sergeev, Ph. D., all researchers at CR-HMR
- Researchers : Dr Santiago Costantino, PH. D, et Dr Mark Lesk, Ph. D.
- Project : Local and global biomechanical properties of the eye as new glaucoma risk factors
- Funding granted: $700 000
We wish them every success in continuing their work.