The Laboratory of Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal, seeks a technician/research assistant to participate in ongoing research projects. Our group utilizes in vitro 3D cell culture, high-throughput genomic sequencing, and computational biology to elucidate molecular mechanisms of growth, invasion, and drug resistance in brain cancer.
Prerequisites and description of tasks:
- The selected candidate will be comfortable in both English and French.
- He/she will help manage the lab and perform experimental tasks including, but not limited to, cell culture, RNA extraction, molecular cloning, and immunofluorescence imaging.
- Experience in human embryonic stem cell culture and gene knockdown/knockout approaches are considered an asset.
- Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Graduate student positions (MSc or PhD) are also available.
To submit your application:
Please forward your detailed CV, all university transcripts, names of references, and letter of motivation via email to: Dr. Yoshiaki Tanaka, Faculty of Medicine, University of Montreal at the Centre de recherche de l’Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont (CRHMR), firstname.lastname@example.org
To know more about our projects.
- Y. Xiang*, Y. Tanaka*, B. Patterson, S.M. Hwang, E. Hysolli, B. Cakir, K.Y. Kim, W. Wang, Y.J. Kang, E.M. Clement, M. Zhong, S.H. Lee, Y. S. Cho, P. Patra, G. J. Sullivan, S.M. Weissman, and I.H. Park, Dysregulation of BRD4 function underlies in MeCP2 mutant neurons. Molecular Cell, 2020, 79(1):84-98 *Equal contribution
- Y. Tanaka, B. Cakir, Y. Xiang, G.J. Sullivan and I.H. Park, Synthetic Analyses of Single-Cell Transcriptomes from Multiple Brain Organoids and Fetal Brain. Cell Reports, 2020, 30: 1682-1689.e3
- Y. Xiang*, Y. Tanaka*, B. Cakir, B. Patterson, K.Y. Kim, P. Sun, Y.J. Kang, M. Zhong, X. Liu, P. Patra, S.H. Lee, S.M. Weissman, I.H. Park, hESC-derived thalamic organoids form reciprocal projections when fused with cortical organoids. Cell Stem Cell, 2019, 24: 487-497.e7. *Equal contribution
- K.Y. Kim*, Y. Tanaka*, J. Su, B. Cakir, Y. Xiang, B. Patterson, J. Ding, Y.W. Jung, J.H. Kim, E. Hysolli, H. Lee, R. Dajani, J. Kim, M. Zhong, J.H. Lee, D. D. Skalnik, J.M. Lim, G.J. Sullivan, J. Wang, I.H. Park, Uhrf1 regulates active transcriptional marks at bivalent domains in pluripotent stem cells through Setd1a. Nature Communications, 2018, 9: 2583. *Equal contribution
- Y. Xiang*, Y. Tanaka*, B. Patterson, Y.J. Kang, G. Govindaiah, N. Roselaar, B. Cakir, K.Y. Kim, A.P. Lombroso, S.M. Hwang, M. Zhong, E.G. Stanley, A.G. Elefanty, J.R. Naegele, S.H. Lee, S.M. Weissman, I.H. Park, Fusion of Regionally Specified hPSC-Derived Organoids Models Human Brain Development and Interneuron Migration. Cell Stem Cell, 2017, 21: 383-398.e7. *Equal contribution
- Y. Tanaka*, E. Hysolli*, J. Su, Y. Xiang, K.-Y. Kim, M. Zhong, Y. Li, K. Heydari, G. Euskirchen, M.P. Snyder, X. Pan, S.M. Weissman, I.-H. Park, Transcriptome Signature and Regulation in Human Somatic Cell Reprogramming. Stem Cell Reports, 2015, 4: 1125-39. *Equal contribution
See the full offer