The 13th edition of the Fondation de l'Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont Awards for Excellence in Publishing was held virtually on November 30th. As part of this competition, five shortlisted candidates came to present orally the subject of their publication. These awards make it possible, each year, to encourage the next generation of scientists and to highlight the excellence of the publications by presenting prizes to students and postdoctoral fellows at the Centre de recherche de l'Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont.
This year, three candidates stood out in particular and received awards, offered thanks to the financial support of the Fondation de l'Hôpital Maisonneuve-Rosemont.
1st place, Marie-Ève Lebel, postdoctoral fellow, laboratory of Dr. Heather Melichar
- Recipient of a $ 1,000 scholarship
- Subject of publication: "Differential expression of tissue-restricted antigens among mTEC is associated with distinct autoreactive T cell fates". Nature Communications (2020).
2nd and 3rd places, ex aequo, Livia Odagiu, doctoral student, laboratory of Dr. Nathalie Labrecque, and Claire Viallard, postdoctoral fellow, laboratory of Dr. Bruno Larrivée
- Recipients of a $ 400 scholarship
- Subject of Livia Odagiu's publication: "Early programming of CD8 + T cell response by the orphan nuclear receptor NR4A3". PNAS (2020).
- Subject of the publication by Claire Viallard: “BMP9 signaling promotes the normalization of tumor blood vessels”. Oncogene (2020).
The Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital Research Center is proud to recognize the work and commitment of its students and postdoctoral fellows and would like to warmly congratulate all the recipients, as well as all the contest participants. Special thanks to the members of the jury, Drs Martin Guimond, Christos Boutopoulos and Laura Hulea, as well as to the Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital Foundation.